RE: [APD] Corys Not Active

DO AN IMMEDIATE WATER CHANGE.  Sorry for yelling, but you will kill your cories at 0.5 PPM ammonia.  Do a 100% water change now, and then 25% water changes every day for the next week, and then 25% changes ever 3 days after that for another month.  It is a nuisance, but otherwise none of your fish will live with that many fish, unless you have a ton of plants (which you must not given the ammonia level).  Also, for at least a while, use Amquel or another ammonia removing dechlorinator.  Cories are very active fish, and are a good indicator that something is wrong with your tank.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Hatton [mailto:romans837 at roadtripseekers_com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:34 AM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Corys Not Active

I just set up my tank.

The tank is about 4 days old and I have 4 mollies, a betta, a bala
shark, and two cory juliis.

The corys don't appear to be moving much and I haven't seen them eat
anything yet.  I looked around on the web to see  what other people said
about their corys and most said they were pretty active and always
foraging from food.

I am a little concerned about them but, wondering if I really should be.

The tank as of yesterday had ammonia at .5 ppm
pH is still iffy but my guess is is 7.6.  It is sitting on the
boundaries of my test kit. No nitrites yet although I put bio spira in
the tank four days ago. I am surprised nothing is happening yet.

Tank is 65 gal 36 x 18 x 24.
H.O.T. Magnum Pro - Bio Wheel 30