Re: [APD] tap water purifier

I am not so concerned about the flow rate. You figure a mid-priced RO filter
will only get you 2 gallons/hour of water. I was mostly interested in the
difference in water quality compared to RO. I have seen many explanations of
the difference between the two but none gave any decent comparison of how pure
they are compared to each other. I have never had much luck with our water
(could hardly keep fish alive)... immediately after switching to RO water all
my fish thrived and spawned. I didn't change anything else... just gradually
converted the tank over to RO water. I just have a hard time believing that
using a $30 filter will produce water of equal quality than water from a $200
RO unit. As I said earlier, any thoughts on the subject are appreciated.