Re: [APD] Re: Top-off systems

The ones you've seen in toilet tanks work at house line
pressure just fine -- only poorly adjusted or poorly
maintained ones need to be jiggled. But note the amount of
leverage on which they rely and the size of the float. The
float lever must be able to apply a pressure over the valve
opening in excess of the plumbing psi-- maybe 40-6- psi.

Scott H.
--- revance at indiana_edu wrote:
> I realized what the difference is between the $25 Kent
> float switch I got and
> the ones that sell for $50...  mine is just a simple
> float switch that will
> shut off a water source that is low pressure or gravity
> fed (such as an extra
> water holding tank), the other ones come with a kit that
> will allow it to shut
> off water sources with a higher pressure (such as your
> tap). I am not sure how
> well the simple one would work with higher pressure, I
> have never tried. Just
> something to keep in mind.

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14, 2004 -- Crystal City, Virginia