Re: [APD] Re: Drilling tanks

Acrylic. Used them on that. Wood? I don't think it would be
a very good application -- toothless carbide hole saws just
don't clear away enough material to keep cutting without
burning the wood. Even toothed hole saws can be tricky on
wood unless it's doorskin or something similar. As a rule,
it's better to slice or shave wood than to grind it away.
Depending on the size and depth, I'd rather use a forstner
bit on wood. Or a twist drill for most holes about 5/8" or
smaller.

The glass boring bits you mentioned, and which you have
tested, sound like a good compromise between economy and
effectiveness for boring glass.

Scott H.