[APD] Re: Growing Glosso Update

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:45:53 -0800 (PST), S. Hieber <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:

This seems like a crazy way to decide how much light ot put
on an aquarium. It's not that ad homminum appeals are rare
in the hobby -- they are quite common. But in this case
there is so little data put into the picture.

Are the tanks made for long term or for the photograph?

How much maintenncance is done, other relevent  stuff like
that.

That doesn't mean that one shouldn't try it.  But I
wouldn't equate the graph to something that supports a
general rule of thumb for lighting aquaria.

Scott H.

The fact only Amano tanks are included is the biggest statistical 'cardinal sin', IMHO.
With more data, preferably stratified into CO2/non CO2 or better still high-growth/low-growth (I don't know how you'd do that) and accounting for reflectors, you could probably find what the current relationship used by the average aquarist is (although that's not necessarily the best).

But since only WPG has stood the test of time, it seems pretty good to me.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.