Re: [APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 7, Issue 26

Adding a bulkhead works fine if you have an acrylic tank, those who have glass
aquariums... particularly tempered glass tanks, cannot (or rather SHOULD not)
drill holes. Drilling in glass is a big gamble. Yes it might look fine, but
the drilling process causes tiny fractures in the glass (probably not
visible). It left undisturbed, it might last beyond your lifetime, it might
last 10 years, it might last a month. IMHO I don't think it's worth the
risk... 120 gallons of water is a LOT of water, especially when on your floor.
If you figure MOST peoples sumps only hold a few gallons of water in them, the
worst thing that can happen if your siphon fails is those few gallons will
overflow onto the floor and you will probably burn up a pump. Yes a few
gallons is still terrible, but if the integrity of your tank fails, you end up
with much more water and you lose everything, not just a pump.

Quoting BAshcraft at BrashearLP_com: