[APD] what looks like isn't always ick

Since the topic of ick has came up I thought I would show a image of a cory that has what appears to be an ick spot.
The cory has been in a quarantine tank now for several months. I did not notice the spot till I got the fish home, at first I raised the temp to 80 and treated with ick meds.
No more spots develop and this one never goes away. Since it's not possible for a ick spot to stay on a fish for months it's pretty safe to conclude that it is not ick.
The fish is happy healthy and doubled in size since I have had it, I have concluded that this is some sort of growth instead of ick. http://www.moonsweb.com/aqua/cory.shtml

Candy