Re: [APD] Re: Peat in substrate

I've put a half an inch roughly on the glass before putting
in 2 or more inches of Onyx Sand or Eco-complete or
Flourite and never had a problem with the water turning
brown. It won't leach fast enough to visibly stain the
water unless you bring it up into the water column. Anyway,
that's my experience.

Scott H.
--- BoiseBobD at aol_com wrote:
> Peat will brown the water pretty heavily for a while.
> This might turn off
> your workmates.  A small box filter full of carbon,
> changed on a r egular basis
> would be a great idea, or a carbon chamber in whatever
> filter you use.
>
> Bob Dixon

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14, 2004 -- Crystal City, Virginia