[APD] Re: incandescent-replacement type fixtures

> Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:57:47 -0800 (PST)
> From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
>
> The switches could be on the power supply line inside the
> hood and before the ballasts. Don't usually have them on
> the output side since it's higher voltage and arcing and
> rfi is more likely. Of course, they could drop a capacitor
> on the switches but that's an extra part and extra asembly.
>
> Scott H.

Could you expand on "dropping a capacitor on the switch".  My ballasts are
remote mounted, but I'd like to be able to turn the lamps off with
switches in the hood.

I've tried it, and the switch contacts do indeed continue arcing.  I was
using a switch rated for 6 amps at 125v.

Bob Ashcraft