Re: [APD] RE: CO2 Saturation

When I built the thing I had the feeling that I was going to have to T it
off...I had a feeling the flow would be too high for the bubbles to stay in
the reactor long enough to dissolve and I think it's the best approach to
this problem.  We're planning on buying a house in the summer and I hope to
have more room then just the cabinet under the tank to work on.  Perhaps I
could make a nice counter space or something, I haven't decided and we don't
have a house yet for me to make plans in.  And of course it'll have to wait
until all the moving is done, etc.

I had posted the original question to the APD, wondering if the reactor
would be too short for the flow.  I guess the eventual answer is, it doesn't
matter what was said, the fact is the flow is too high to keep the bubbles
in the reactor.  Tonight I drilled a hole in the reactor and sealed in the
airline.  I plan to go out and get some parts, valves, T, etc, so I can get
this thing working at it's maximum capacity.  I guess it doesn't matter much
the size of the reactor, just that there is a good balance of flow.  In my
90G aquarium I wonder what the eventual bubble rate will be once I get it
all setup to achieve the 30ppm Tom has suggested, or at least close.  I
recall the first time I managed to get it to 15ppm, I was quite excited.
Now that I have the plant load, pmdd, and great lights it seems backwards to
be working on the CO2 last :-/  Oh well, all in good time.

500gph?  Nah, I just want enough circulation that would be optimal for the
tank.  I know people that have very little and even one guy that said he had
absolutely no filtration on his planted tank, though I don't agree that's a
good idea, I do know the lower rate won't hurt things too much.

Back to the pearling.  Is that something I really should be seeing, or is it
something I should wait to see after I get all this done with the reactor?

Thanks
-Dave