Re: [APD] lighting efficiency coefficient

We can but why would we?

There are lots of measurement techniques out there already.
The lux from a lamp (bulb and reflector assembly) is
already one of them. The problem is not a shortage of
measurement techniques, but a shortage of actual
measurements, a paucity of readily available data.

I guess the way I see it, new coins need to have new value
or else they're just counterfeits.

Scott H.
--- Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca> wrote:
> We can define a dimensionless constant, call it the
> lighting efficiency coefficient, or LEC to coin a new
> acronym, which measures
> the percentage of rated lamp lumens which reaches the
> bottom of an aquarium. This is a gross measure of
> reflector efficiency since
> the reflector geometry & reflectivity are the dominant
> parameters. The constant will depend upon a number of
> factors including:

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns