[APD] Discus in Planted tank

Has anyone put any discus (Kings of the Aquarium Fish) in their planted
tanks.  I was thinking about getting some. I figure it would be a good idea
since the fish need me to do water changes quite often and so do the plants,
they should be very happy together.  When I mentioned this to a friend he
said my plants couldn't handle the higher temps and the fish would eat the
plants too. I have some Crypts, Anubias, Some variety of Val, Java Fern,and
some little Wonder bulbs my wife bought(Undulatis something or other).  Does
anyone have an opinion on this one..

Thanks Matt W.