Re: [APD] Re: The Art of Lighting a BowfrontTank or - the Arc of Lighting

Why not try a 36 watt in front and replace two of the 55s
with 36s. I belive they are slightly overdriven on the
Fulham ballasts from AHS so it won't be a startling change
but it will even out the lighting.  You might want to
separate the bulbs in back a bit more than otherwise, end
to end, if you can.
I don't know if yo have individual ballasts for the  55s or
2 bulbs to a ballast. If 2 to a ballast, then they are
Workhorse 5s and and if ididividual they are Workhorse 3.
In either caseto go form 55 to 36w, you you need to drop
back one of the read wires to each bulbs.

Scott H.

--- Matt Staroscik <matt at wrongcrowd_com> wrote:

> Similar experiences here. I have a 90g bowfront, which I
> think is a 72g
> tall. The lfs sold me 2 110W PC striplights, which don't
> fit quite right...
> but that is another story. (I had the tank stuff in
> mothballs for 6 months
> before I set it up so I did not notice right after the
> purchase.)
>
> Anyway, my tank is pretty new so I don't have many plant
> observations yet.
> But it does seem like my light is more evenly dispersed
> than yours is. This
> may be due to the extra elevation, so I would try your
> idea of raising the
> lights first. Ultimately another 55W light in the very
> front will be the
> best solution though, I bet.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt