Re: [APD] Plant & Nutrient Imbalance ID

Rachel,

I think you are already an accomplished aquatic gardner getting where you are with this plant (Nesaea pedicellata) . The first picture is certainly the more characteristic with the red stems. I've been keeping it emersed for a few years and occasionally I stick a stem or two into the tank. It always deforms. Even when it doesn't the stems get that undulating curly look.

Since I cant say I've been successful with it I hesitate to give advice, but my guess is it will do better in a slow growing moderate light situation, as long as the older leafs can be kept algae free.

Yes it is a challenge, and I think your right, if you can grow this one, eustralis and ammannia should be a breeze.

The pictures in Kassellman are impressive, the plant looks great, but all I could think was howdydodat ?

Jim Lockhart.