[APD] magnesium in tapwater and pale ludwigia

Hello all,

some time ago someone on this list suggested  a ratio of 4 of Ca to Mg to be about optimal.  My tapwater has 115 mg/l Ca and 15 Mg/l Mg.  Does it make any sense to correct for this ratio.  I ask because I have read the optimal level of Mg to be about 5-10 mg/l and my tapwater already contains more.
Another question:  can this imbalance between Ca and Mg have anything to do with very pale leaves of for example Ludwigia.  I think somebody else also mentioned this.

Thanks.  Any help will be very appreciated.
Pieter Cool