Re: [APD] Peat under Flourite

It's such a small amount. I don't thin it matters if you
soak it or not. It's gong to get very wet very quick in the
aquarium. It will release a few bubbles through the
substrate for a few days but so what?

If you leach it out, then use the leached material, that's
what useful about the peat, the rest is just celluose and
lignon waiting to become what has been leached.

Scott H.
--- J Miller <jvision at telus_net> wrote:
> On the subject of soaking peat for 3 wks...  What about
> peat that was soaked for 3 wks (or more) and is now dry?
> I guess what I'm asking is what is the purpose of soaking
> the peat - is it to leach out stuff, or just have it wet
> so it stays sunk?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jason Miller

=====