[APD] Transporting Plants in Agar

I've been trying to get some Elatine triandra by post for months but it is
notoriously difficult to recieve any alive. This is very frustrating .

 I think one of the problems is that this genus cannot stand more than a few
hours without light/nutrients. I know that they will rapidly decline if
there is  little nitrogen in the water for example. I presume that their
nutrient reserves is very limited.

So before attempting again. What if it is embedded in simple Nutrient agar
before it is posted. Would that help? Has anybody tried this? Or would a
specific microprapagation (tissue culture) agar be better? Formula? The
plants only need to survive a week in the dark.

regards
Stephan
Malta

---
[This E-mail was scanned for spam and viruses by NextGen.net.]