From: aquatic-plants-bounces+inquartata=comcast_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+inquartata=comcast_net at actwin.com]On
Behalf Of David Terrell
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 7:15 PM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: [APD] OUCH! Water so hard you could knock on it!

My tests have shown the water in my aquarium is 24 degrees GH, 4KH.  I
tested the tap, which revealed 2GH/KH (I raised KH with baking soda).  I
have natural gravel, a large lava rock and laterite.  Filtration is done
by bio balls, and I use compressed CO2.  What could be causing this and
how do I get it to a safer level?

-Dave T.