Re: [APD] Re: DIY CO2 in terrariums?

If we're taling about CO2 in the air, as opposed to in the
water, the amount of CO2 that's normally in the air is
roughly 200-400 ppm, isn't it? I'd think you'd need a lot
of added CO2 to make a dent in that.

Aquaria water, otoh, has just a few ppm unless one adds CO2
-- no wonder terrestrial plants are so shy under water.

Scott H.
--- Bill Wichers <billw at waveform_net> wrote:

> >Can you use DIY CO2 and have the tubing just "dumping"
> CO2 into a covered
> >fish bowl? CO2 is heavier than air so it would settle at
> the bottom and
> >displace the normal air, right?
>
> The hydroponics people use CO2 in greenhouses frequently,
> and apparently it
> works as long as there is some amount of a seal (no
> large-scale ventilation
> with the outside). I doubt you'd see the same efficiency
> as you would
> dissolving the CO2 in a tank, but if you want to try it
> in your fish bowl
> it should work.
>
>          -Bill

=====