[APD] Re: Flourish

Tom Barr suggested (among other things) dosing Flourish three times per
week at 15-20 ml.  I assume he means each dose should be 15-20 ml, but I'm
sure he will correct me if he meant a weekly total of that amount.

This caught my eye, because I am using so much less Flourish, and I have
been wondering if that might account for the rather lackluster performance
of my plants.  Seachem's directions for Flourish call for 1-2 ml per 200 L
once or twice a week.  Picking the upper end of the scale, that would be 2
ml per 200 L or 1 ml per 100L twice a week.  Mr. Vanvick's tank of 120 g.
or 454 L would imply dosing about 4.5 ml twice a week.  Tom Barr's
suggestion seems to be 4 or 5 times that amount, and 1-1/2 times as often.

In my own case, I have a nominal 30 g. tank, which I estimate holds about
23 g. water.  I have been dosing 1 ml Flourish twice a week, already more
than Seachem recommends.  All other parameters, e.g. pH, KH, CO2, NO3,
PO4, K, Ca, and Mg, are well within the suggested ranges.  That really
seems to leave only the Flourish dose that could be boosted.  What do Tom
and others suggest?  Thanks.

John T. Fitch
E-mail: JTFitch at FitchFamily_com
Web Site: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html