[APD] WPG vs. lux

Given a reasonable light intensity around 1500 to 2000 lux, what are we
getting in our aquariums at the 1.5 to 2 wpg level? The posting at
<http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/intensity.html#8> is confusing. Let's assume
an 18" deep aquarium measuring at the gravel surface 15" below the water
surface, lit by fluorescent lamps using a high quality wrap-around
reflector, clean walls, clean water, no plants.
<http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/power-compacts.html#22> is interesting but
not in a tank with water. Need to allow for bulb aging, dirty walls &
overshadowing; I don't think you'd ever get 2000 lux at the bottom with tall
plants around but then we don't need that either.

Steve