Re: [APD] Re: The problems with generalizations4

Now one has to wonder if the values would be the same under
all conditions in an aquarium -- for example, diff nutrient
levels, temps, etc. And of course, although the ranges are
wide in most cases, lumens becomes slightly problematic,
being a measure of wavelengths humans are sensitive too as
opposed to plants.

Btw, you won't have to type it again Goerge. It's in the
archives and a little research leg work shall make it a
find for those who seek ;-)

Scott H.
--- George Booth <gbooth at frii_com> wrote:
> > From: "Steve Pushak" <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
> > George B once quoted a table of LSPs & compensations
> points for several
> > aquatic plants. I bet its one of the reasons that
> George is so stingy with
> > his lighting levels. Could it be that he's onto
> something? George: you're
> > far too quiet these days. Have you still got that
> table?
>
> The table is from a little known plant book "The Complete
> Book of Aquarium
> Plants" by Robert Allgayer and Jacques Teton (1987, ISBN
> 0-7063-6614-X).
>
> Plants (genera)    Amount of lighting (min, type, max)
> lumens/m^2 (Lux)
>
> Surface Plants    850, --, 8000
> Myriophyllum    850, 3500, 4000
> Bacopa             700, 1000, 2500
> Hottonia            850, 1200, 5000
> Ludwigia           850, 1200, 4500
> Aponogeton      850, 1400, 4000
> Cerapteris         850,   900, 4500
> Nomaphila        850, 1400, 4000
> Rotala               850, 1400, 3500
> Vallisneria         600, 1200, 3000
> Echinodorus      500, 850, 2200
> Sagittaria           700, 800, 1800
> Crytocoryne      700, 800, 1600
> Marsilea            500, 600, 1500
> Microsorium      500, 600, 1500
>
> How about making a personal copy this time so I don't
> have to type it in
> every two years.

=====
S. Hieber