[APD] Re: runner plants bunching up

John Wheeler said:
The one thing that always bothered me about "runner"
plants like chain swords, Glossostigma, Lileaopsis,
etc, is that once they get going, they run towards the
glass and stay there all bunching up along the front
and sides.

I've had this problem too with Marsilea and Elatine. I think that its just a
question of external light attracting the stems when the tank lights are
off. I suppose that if we had to leave on a single low wattage light,
24hr/day, at the center-back of the hood than this problem would be
eliminated.  Has anybody tried this?

regards
Stephan

---
[This E-mail was scanned for spam and viruses by NextGen.net.]