RE: [APD] RE: stuned grow, for Thomas Barr

> Hi Tom
>
> awhile back you recommended a dosing schedule for me that I have done
> faithfully. I notice that this poster has a similar set up to mine with
the
> exception that I have pressurized CO2.
>
> 77g heavily planted tank
> PH 6.7
> KH 70
> GH 100
> 4 x 40 watt T12 bulbs.
> basic gravel substrate with nothing added.
>
> My original post was due to the fact that I was experiencing some wilting
> and yellowing of my plants, in particular the ends of Java Fern, Amazon
> Swords and my Vals and Sag. subulata. Your recommendation for me was to
dose

> KN03..1/2 tsp 1 or 2 a week
> K2SO4 pot. sulphate 1/2-3/4 tsp after water change only
> Kh2P04 pot. phosphate 1/16th-1/8th tsp 1 or 2 a week
> trace mix 10 mls twice a week.
>
> although the plants do look better I still am having some wilting, ends
> curling up etc. Should I be dosing more as your recommendation to this
> poster seems to be a little more frequent dosing, or sticking to this
> schedule for a bit longer. Present dosing began on Nov 27th.
>
> Thx. Rick

Rick,
Yes, the onyx substrate will make a noticable improvement and if you follow
the substrate set up routine I suggest, there will be no down time as far
as the stability of the tank.
You might try adding a bit more trace, say 15mls 3x a week, drop the K2SO4
althogether, make certain you have enough CO2 all day long. Keep the pH in
the the 6.6-6.7 range the whole time the lights are on. You also might add
a little bit of MgSO4, say an 1/8-1/4 teaspoon after the water change, I
don't think Mg is an issue here, but this should cover most of the bases
for you.
Trace liquid iron will only take you so far, I feel that an iron porous
substrate is plain essential for better growth.

Regards,
Tom Barr