[APD] Moving tank outside under back porch- concerns? (paludarium)

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:49:06 +1100, Andrew Mitchell <andrewm at cse_unsw.edu.au> wrote:

Anyone know of a thermo sensor that has either a visual or audio
alert feature?

For anybody in the UK, I think this is pretty good value. ETI Electronic Digital Aquarium Thermometer: http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Thermometers_75.html

For £6.99, it does interior (in tank via probe) and exterior (inside the case) temperatures (including clearable min/max temperatures), can (once you figure out how) have a settable minimum and maximum alarm temperature, and is quite resilient. I know this because I once dropped mine in a bucket of water for a second or so, and after taking the battery out, taking it apart and letting it dry (I am too impatient to let it dry on its own), it then worked (although the exterior temperature was a little off at first. Also it comes with a battery, which is pretty good, since they last a while.

Does anybody know how long the electronic thermometers last? Does there accuracy drift over time, or do they just keep going (unlike pH probes)?

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.