[APD] Re: Local Biotope Forum

Paul Krombholz wrote:
> A local biotope forum has been added to
> http://www.awquaticplantcentral.com/
> ... There are still suitable
> aquarium plants out there waiting to be discovered.  You can't tell
> by its looks whether or not it can grow in an aquarium...

I accidentally had lawn grass growing underwater in soil using CO2
supplementation. I'm not saying it's a good candidate or that it looks good;
it looks like other plants that look like grass. :-)

Spathiphyllum has grown for years in my tanks despite that it has been
categorized as unsuitable in the FAQ (or was it the APD?). Wouldn't it be
cool if we could grow African Violets or Begonias under water!

Steve P