[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[APD] Re: Copper

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:29:54 -0600
> From: David Soh <dsoh at iastate_edu>
> Subject: [APD] Re: copper (Stephan Mifsud)
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
> Steve,
> Sounds like exactly the same algae problems that I have. At what
> concentration of copper sulfate did you use ?? I may try your method but
> I'll play safe and take out the fish and snails. Thanks.

I made sure not to go above 3ppm total concentration in tank - at that level
the fish got quite distressed. The copper tests may vary somewhat however so
1 ppm is probably a safer target. Since it is a spot treatment method the
concentration near the syringe tip will be very much higher for a short
while. You should see a blue - white cloud over the algae. You need to
inject and check the dose until you get an idea of how the injections are
effecting the total tank concentration. Make sure not to overdo it.

If you do manage to take out the fish and snails you can use the method by
Neil Frank: http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Algae/red-algae.html

I would have but catching fish in a well planted tank without ripping it
apart was impossible for me. Killing the snails was at that time more of a
benefit than a loss. But if you like them ...

Good Luck

[This E-mail was scanned for spam and viruses by NextGen.net.]

Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com