Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:48:55 -0500
From: BobAlston9 at aol_com
Subject: [APD] re:  CO2 System
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

>Aquamedic CO2 regulator w/needle valve & solenoid & bubble counter

Robert H at www.aquabotanic.com sells/used to sell this regulator.  Never
heard anything bad about it.

There are other "all in one" regulators from Milwaukee and JBJ you might
want to look at.  Also, if you are not going to use the solenoid, you might
save money buying a regulator without one and piecing everything you need
together.

For more info on different tanks, regulators, needle valves, reactors, etc
take a look at my web site at
http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/AquaticPlants.htm#High%20Pressure%20CO2

Bob Alston

BobAlston9 at AOL_com
http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/

.

If you get a Norgren regulator with a steady 20psi output (that's close to
1.5bar), I can sell you two needle valves and two diffusors for $100, or if
you find some buddies to go in with you, you can get 6 needle valves and
diffusors for $200 on our 500th system special.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco    NE5EE       gomberg1 at  wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that work!
wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've been looking into buying a CO2 system to be split
> between two of my
> aquariums.  A local store is having a special for the
> local reef club I
> belong to on this setup:
>
> Aquamedic CO2 regulator w/needle valve & solenoid &
> bubble counter
>
> Regulator: The regulator unit is chrome plated and offers
> a fixed working
> pressure of 1.5 bar, a needle valve for fine adjustment
> and two pressure
> gauges to show both the cylinder and working
> pressures.The regulator fits
> industry standard CO2 cylinders having an external valve.
>
> Solenoid Valve: The standard solenoid valve has a high
> quality body
> manufactured from nickel plated brass with a maximum
> operating pressure of 6
> bar. Pressure fittings for 6mm flexible hose can be
> connected to all our C02
> units. The solenoid coil consumes only 2.5 watts of
> electrical energy to
> prevent overheating. In conjunction with a pH controller,
> automatic control
> of the CO2 supply and pH can be achieved. If used with a
> timer, the valve
> will provide a night shut off system.
>
> Bubble Counter:The bubble counter is a simple and safe
> unit for monitoring
> the dosage of CO2 gas into aquaria. It should be
> installed in the low
> pressure part of the gas delivery circuit. An integrated
> non return valve
> prevents water flow back and a robust holding plate
> enables easy fixing to
> the outside of the aquarium.
>

> Has anyone used this brand before?  Would you recommend I
> go with this?  The
> price seems to be very good, so I'm tempted to try it.
> If I did it seems I
> would still need to buy two diffusers, CO2 resistant
> tubing, the cannister,
> and a valve of sorts to split the CO2 to both aquariums.
> Am I correct?  Any
> advice would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!
>
> Sincerely,
> Sherry Quinn

"Secure Server" made the following
 annotations on 01/22/2004 02:13:55 PM
"This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which
it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or
his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to
this message and delete this e-mail immediately."