[APD] lime water disinfecting plants

I have read in the archives about using lime baths for plants that will not tolerate a bleach dip. I plan to order lime-it if I have to but I am curious if making "lime water" would have the same effect? Pickling lime is food grade calcium hydroxide, easy to find and seems to be used a lot in reef tanks (Kalkwasser).
Would a stronger version of this be good for disinfecting plants or is this a totally different product that just happens to have the word lime in it. Yes I really am that cheap.

Candy