[APD] Re: powerhead recommendation for co2 reactor

Candy,

If you don't mind having something inside the tank, a tiny Rio90 water pump
(comes with 4 suction feet) can power an internal reactor. I made one using
a large plastic spice jar, since I had no gravel tube handy. I think the Rio
50 might be even better at $8, from Big Al's online or other sources.  The
90 just barely blows bubbles past the end without a kitchen scrubbie in
place to catch them, 4' isn't long enough, an inch or 2 of extra length
would be better, the 50 might not need the scrubbie if the tube or jar is
long enough. Were I to do it again, I'd try a larger spice jar, for the
extra length.

Ann Viverette