Re: [APD] Need guidance with DIY compact fluorescents -- or - Eclipsing the Original Design

Thanks for the info.

I decided to go with the Custom SeaLife retrofit since I found a place
that would swap out the Ultra-Actinic for a standard 10,000K bulb.  This
is a 32W power compact, and is about 13", is this a non-standard size
since I only see the ones from CSL.  I don't know if the 10,000K is
optimal, but I will live with it for a while.

And thanks for your warnings about heat in the hood, I will make sure I
add some cooling before I install the lights.  I will also go ahead and
buy a remote thermometer so I can measure the temp inside the hood.

Thanks,
Brian