Re: [APD] Re: etching

The trick is to use an abrasive coarse enough to scracth
off the offending marks, then progressively finer abrasives
to remove the scratches for the coarser polish.

Polishing glass is hard work, even with an electric
polisher or sander.

Btw, the same technique is used to fine mirror smooth
finishes on wood furniture. and generally, the same
polishing products are used. But on glass, you need to get
down to an even finer abrasive than with furniture
finishes.

Scott H.
--- Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net> wrote:
> . . .  I have
> tried various kinds of scouring, but I haven't found
> anything that
> scours this redeposited glass off without scratching the
> glass and
> making it just as cloudy.

=====
S. Hieber