Re: [APD] RE: denifitication, Ca and PO4

Would it be possible to make a layered substrate with
"cap" of sand/light clay mix.  Or just fine sand.
This way when you pull a little little of the mix is
pulled and the sand will help fill the gap?  Then
flourite atop this.  This way you can lock your macros
away for when the roots delve deeper.  Of course this
work work better for a long term tank 6mo-1yr with
only a little bit of "re-scaping".  I don't think it
would work to well for have to replenish after a years
time.  To bad something dense and sponge like couldn't
be used.