[APD] Re: silicone film over glass cover to prevent etching

I like the idea of this.  sounds good.  let me ask you all this..  how bout using saran wrap to cover the bottom of the glass cover so as to prevent etching...   would that work as well??

The only problem that I could foresee is  it getting so extremely hot from a power compact hood...  perhaps melting???  or fusing with the glass over time???