[APD] RE: K+/Ca

> Subject: [APD] RE: K+/Ca
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> >I know there are to many variables, but I think is quite easy, at least
on
> >my case. My water is hard about 15 Gh, sure is not a measure of Ca, but
> >will have so bad  luck all these hardness is produced by Mg?. Why These
> >retorted grows remits only stopping K dossing?.
>
> Well I do NOT see this, the research also supports my assertion that it is
> not the case when the Ca levels are high.
> I kept some 200plus species of plants at a GH of 9. 40+ppm of K+.
> Mostly I stick with 20-30ppm K. I guess it's more in the 10-20ppm range
> these days based off of my advice to folks here and elsewhere. My advice
is
> based off of enough to make sure you have enough and don't run out
> but.........not waste all your fert's just for fun either.
>
> But even then, I did not see it. So if it's true, and I know for my case
it
> certainly was, why don't my plants exhibit this?
>
> Let me tell everyone, if I did have this type of problem with distortion,
> I'd be worried and try to figure out what was causing it. But I simply
have
> never had this occur.
> I know what I am adding to the tank, Ca and K+ are both there in the
ranges
> folks are claiming they have distorted growth then claiming high K+ is the
> issue.
>
> My present tap water is soft but so where many of the client's tanks I
> worked on. We never noticed much there.
> Folks with the SFbaaps group often used K+ liberally, and SeaChem's
> Equilibrium which is also loaded with K+ for their GH so the Ca were
_still
> low_ and the K+ pretty high.
>
> >I dont want to polemize, Tom, but my only variable where always K. I,m
not
> >telling thes effects are "because" K block Ca uptake.
>
> Well, something else is going on I think.
> I do not see it. Never have and if it existed, by golly I would have seen
> it a long time ago.
>
> I am asking myself why have I not see it?
>
> I just don't buy the magic hobgoblin theory,
> There's a reason for it.
>
> I went wild with K+, any problem in the past, I saw I added more K+.
> It never hurt any plants I raised including Ammania and Nesaea with fast
> healthy growth, great coloration etc.
> Certainly none of the common vals/swords had issues.
>
> >Other parameters? OK lets go to make one Hypothesis but ¿Which
other?¿Where
> >do you thing will be the explanation?
>
> >I want to say I have no problems, when "I" have distorted growings, I
> reduce
> >my K dose and thats all, everythink goes fine but I would like to know
why

> Well sometimes figuring out everything you actually __can test for__ is a
> better/only method you have.
> [...]

 I really  believe your method is the simpliest way to avoid problems, but
that not explain why when K is high, in  a lot of tanks  have more or les
the same simptoms. Next time when I will have distorted grow, I will try to
cure it not reducing my K dose as I normally do. Next I will ad more Ca. If
is a solution ¿What will be a explanation if K doesnt interfere Ca uptake?
Sorry but my English is not good enogh to explain my thoughts :(