RE: [APD] two external filters and water circulation -- or - Pointson Pointing

I think one could do this either way. Ifyou can direct the
output of the filter, then generally, point the output away
from the filter and that about does it. With to filters
next to each other, point the output for each filter away
from both filters -- toward the front and off towards the
corners.

Otoh, as Bill says, put them as far apart as possible and
for each filter point the out put away from the filter.
The point is to get good circulation in the whole tank.

IF the filters are the type for which you cannot direct the
output, then you'd best put them far apart or put the
intakes as far from the outputs as possible.

And with a planted tank, the plants are the main filter
anyhow so the filtration doesn't have to be perfect. But
good circulation is still very important for supplying
nutirents to the nleaves -- achieving one will give you the
other, good circulation, good filtration, heathly plants,
happy fish, happy hobbyist

Good luck,
Scott H.

=====