[APD] Water circulation X two external filters

Does anyone knows if the way I place two external filters in a small
aquarium (63 L) can affect filtering capacity?
I´m wondering, for instance, that if I put them side-by-side, the last
filter could have its filtering capacity reduced, as its water entrance
could be capturing most of the filtered water the first filter brings to
the tank.
I hope my poor english is enough to get you the idea.
Gustavo
Brazil