Re: [APD] Notes on the notion of high K+ causing Ca++ inhibition

--- John Wheeler <jcwheel76 at yahoo_com> wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Scott Heiber writes:
> >>If they add the same amount each week and do 50%
> water changes each week, then the level pretty much
> levels off after a while. Whether that level is
> massive or not, I guess depends on how much they dose.
> No on should dose anything indiscriminately.<<
>
> Ah, I see-- So, levels wouldn't continually rise? They
> would somehow level off at, say, 20ppm (if that is the
> weekly dose) and 50% water changes are performed? Can
> someone tell me how this works?
You can model it in Excel or Quattro.  Basically, as the
rates climb you are alos removing more with each water
change. Technically, the level cointinues to rise but at an
infiintely small level after a while. Of course, we don't
do exactly 50% changes and we don't do exact dosing. So for
our purposes the level essentially levels off. Sometimes up
a little; sometimes down a little.

Scott H.

=====
S. Hieber