[APD] RE: Eichhornia azurea

If you top the plant - take off the first inch or so, then you will get several new plant stalks from the top. These are smaller than the larger plants and potentially you could top the multiple stalks later to even further decrease the size.

In the end, I ended up getting rid of all but one of the pieces - and it's in a fish tub outside (and thus, probably dead). It was just too much work and it grew too fast - even for a 75 gallon tank. I'd have to trim it back once a week which is waaaayyy too often in my book. During the summer, it did grow much more slowly and stay smaller in my outdoor tub - so potentially nutrient/light/co2 limitations would help in keeping it smaller.

Good luck.
Chris
Charlotte, NC.