RE: [APD] RE: Hagen CO2 natural

Hi Rachel!

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rachel Sandage [mailto:rachelsor at hotmail_com]
> Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 11:59 AM
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
> Subject: [APD] RE: Hagen CO2 natural

Well then I think I'll give it a try and see how it works on
my 20g. :)  Gives me an excuse to review it on my site anyway. lol

How long does it last before you have to remix the container? :)

> The packaging says they're for tanks up to 10 gallons, but I
> use one on my 29 and have been really happy with it.

I'm looking at it on hagen website and it's saying it's  rated for
up to 20 gallons. :)

> I'm not sure why people would say it is less effective than a
> DIY system, since that is basically all it is. Maybe because
> not all of the CO2 is absorbed - pinhead sized bubbles do
> escape the top of the diffusor ladder.
> It seems to do the trick for the two tanks we have here (10
> and 29 gal).

I'm not sure either but that's what I read in a forum at
planted tank dot net I think.

> Above all, it is totally cool to watch. You can see the
> bubbles get smaller as they go up the ladder - it's almost
> like watching ice cubes get smaller as they melt, only the
> CO2 is "melting" into the water. Even my
> cumputer-nerd/science-teacher/astronomer husband gets sucked
> into just watching the bubbles go by. How may CO2 diffusors
> are entertaining, as well as efficient?

LOL! I know what you mean.  I use a Plant Guild CO2 power reactor
in my 120g and I always seem to get mesmerized by the swirling of
the bubbles. :)

Thanks!  I'll go ahead and get it then! :)

Chung