[APD] Getting a plant to flower?

Is there any way to get plants to flower?    My first plant tank many many
years ago used a 175w MH light, the tank failed miserably, but my crispus
flowered often, as well as other plants...
Now my new tank has been setup for 4 months now, my lotus plants and others
are all HUGE now, nothing has flowered yet...
Do I need HID lighting to promote flowering?   My light schedule has been 12
hours a day, I bumped it down to 9 hoping to get some flowers going but
nothing yet.
Any suggestions?
Aquatic-Plants mailing list
Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com