Re: [APD] LED Lighting

Rob Fowler writes:
"On that note does anyone know what the effect on fish (pl*co, rasboras,
clown loaches, SAEs) would be from having too much light on them at night?"

While I haven't (and never will) try it myself, my sister keeps her
fluorescent hood on 24x7. Her fish seem to do OK. It's hard for me to tell
if they're neurotic or not, since most community fish look neurotic to me
when swimming around a sparsely decorated tank with no hiding places.

So that little bit of evidence would indicate that fish are very tolerant
of lighting schedules. Certainly any nightlight you were contemplating
would be better for the fish's diurnal cycle than 24x7 fluorescents.

- Jim