[APD] Riccia in the wild

>> Tom, I've never seen Riccia in the wild, how does it grow emergent? Just
clumps of it along river banks? I always figured it was a submerged floater,
how does the emergent growth differ from submerged?<<

You can find it floating, (particularly tangled in other plants) in discrete
"clumps" on the bottom in clear, shallow, slow moving water, and emersed in
boggy areas.  When I used to keep carnivorous plants, I often let it grow
emersed around the bases of the other plants.  It makes a soft, light/bright
green carpet emersed, which is very attractive.

Karen