Re: [APD] LED Lighting or -- Looking for the go sign for cheap LEDs

--- Wright Huntley <whuntley at verizon_net> wrote:

> > Not overdone if you supply us with some schematics. I
> can
> > solder but I can't design the circuit
>
> Find me a cheap supply of LEDs and I'll work on it. :-)

> etc.
> >

> > And to keep things kosher when one or more of the LEDs
> goes
> > south?
>
> That is pretty rare, which is why cities like them for
> traffic control.
> Ever seen a burned out one in a traffic light? :-)

No, but I've seen them burnt out in truck tail lights.
And onthe first nightlight I built, which then proceeded to
flash the rest fo the LEDs.

> attractive
> quickly
> >

> > You could keep them above water, no?
>
> I wouldn't be interested, having experienced the
> advantages of immersed
> lighting. <g>

YOu could embed them in epoxy with only the lens
protruding. A pourable epoxy would work nicely to get a
layer thick enough to work but think enough to ot cover the
lenses.

Good luck with the heating.

Scott H.

=====