Re: [APD] CO2 methods

It's not rocketry, all you want it to do is keep a stabile
low pressure output someowhere around 10-40 psi.

You can buy expensive flow gauage regulators but you aren't
concerned in measured the flow you just want a stabile low
side pressure.

I think the only diff you'll find is the kind of gauge they
put on the on thelow-pressure side of the regulator.
You're going to use a needle (metering) valve anyway and so
it shouldn't matter what kind of gauge is on the regulator.
Even if it read PSI, it would be hard to tell you what to
set it at.  Just start out low and go back and forth
between the regulator and the needle valve (metering valve)
until you get the bubble rate you want to try, then check
CO2 level in the tank in a few hours and adjust the rate
accordingly.  Keep an eye on the overall CO2 level until
you get things stabilized.

sh
--- Rick Beatty <rjb1211 at comcast_net> wrote:
> Thank you, Scott.
>
> You had stated in a reply to a message back in 2001 your
> experience with
> different methods and equipment and after reading it have
> had many of my
> questions answered.  I think I will try using the intake
> of the canister and
> if I don't get acceptable results I will make the
> external unit.
>
> Part of that old post discussed regulators.  You
> indicated that you were
> using a couple of Harbor Freight regulators successfully.
>  Is this the same
> U.S. General unit (flowgauge regulator) that I asked
> about in another
> message?  The reply I got from Douglas has me wondering
> if it should be used
> in this application.  If you put a needle valve
> downstream of the regulator
> won't you have a problem?

=====
S. Hieber