[APD] Re: Value of Snails

Augustine Rodriguez wrote:

>I also believe that the quickest and simplest way of "maturing" tanks is by >having lots of apple snails (Pomacea bridgesi).

How do you keep your filter tubes from clogging up with snail slime? I have a small snail tank with a powerhead pulling water through a UGF and the tubes and impeller need regular cleaning or they clog. Because of the tank/filter design this is a real pain and I would like to find a way to reduce all the slimy gunk.

Thanks,
Paul