[APD] Re: Is this Bacopa carolina?

Steve Pituch wrote:

> I finally found a Bacopa-carolina-like looking plant with blue flowers.
> Please take a look at it at:
> http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/z/z.html

I have to agree with Paul, Steve.  Your plant isn't Bacopa
caroliniana, but it sure has nice flowers.

However, B. caroliniana is found in Texas according to the USDA
distribution map.  Here's an excellent photo that could help you ID
it if you ever think you come across it again (sorry for the
incredibly long link...the pic is worth some cutting and pasting,
though):

http://tenn.bio.utk.edu/vascular/database/vascular-photos-
enlarge.asp?CategoryID=Dicots&FamilyID=Scrophulariaceae&GenusID=Bacopa
&SpeciesID=caroliniana&PhotoNameID=ba_caro&PhotographerNameID=Dennis%2
0D.%20Horn

--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee