[APD] Re: The why of the Barr method

Yeah I think that the O2 has much to do with it as well. It certainly works when you apply hydrogen peroxide to BBA. It would explain the effect on non epiphytic algae as well.

>Not to nit-pick, but "allopathy" is the primary system of medical treatment taught in MD programs, >as opposed to other approaches such as osteopathy or homeopathy. We can thank allopathy for >erythromycin, but otherwise it is mostly irrelevant to algae.

Oops. I knew it looked wrong. Darn that spell check I had it right the first time:)

Tony Eales PhD candidate University of Queensland Ph (07) 3365 6958 Home (07) 3396 8496