[APD] RE: what is dissolved organic carbon

Steve Pushak wrote:

> Perhaps Roger Miller can answer this.

I don't have any significant new data on DOC in aquariums.  If anyone out
there does have information then it is probably Tropica.

> Can we categorize dissolved organic carbon?

About a kabillion different ways.  You might find starting points in the
literature of environmental engineering, biogeochemistry or environmental
chemistry.

> Is dissolved organic carbon from peat different from dissolved organic
> carbon from rotting food? Is it more or less toxic?

No doubt they are very different.  I don't have any information on toxicity.

> P.P.S. My goal is to ask questions that elicit interesting & useful
> information. I have more but they wait.

Seems to me like a fine purpose.

Roger Miller