[APD] Re: Dosing Traces Dry

> I have a very hard time completely dissolving the Plantex in the
> stock
> solution.  I've tried using warm water, and adding HCl, etc.  I
<snip>

So what if it doesn't completely dissolve. Just give the bottle a good shake before you dose and it'll be fine. The concentration of trace minerals in the stock solution is in the order of 10,000X more concentrated than the final concentration in the aquarium, so I wouldn't expect them to dissolve. But shortly after adding the well mixed *solution* to the tank, all or most of the trace minerals should dissolve just fine.

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia